Inspiration—Other Safeguards Scripture Reading—1 John 4:1-6
- In 1 John 4:1, the Apostle said we should:
- “believe not every spirit”
- “but test the spirits whether they are of God.”
- How can we know the difference between a true and a false spirit? (vs. 2)
- Where, when, and how did we OVERCOME these false spirits? (vs. 4)
- Read Ephesians 4:13-16
- What is the “MODEL” Paul uses to measure our maturity? (vs. 13)
- Paul lists four evidences of Spiritual Maturity: (vs 14-15) The evidences that we are no longer children, in regard to our faith:
- “tossed to and fro”—by false doctrine
- “carried about”—with every fad of faith
- “speaking the truth in love”—having died to ourselves, we can so speak of Christ and for Christ without becoming personally defensive—and offensive.
- “grow up into Him in all things.”—we are ambassadors for Christ—not our church, our denomination, or our own religion.
- Have you tested the voices of all the preachers/teachers who cry out for your attention?
- Are you aware of the presence and power of God in your life as you listen to someone preach/teach the Word of God?
- Are you able to stand up against the new doctrines, the trickery and deceit of Satan’s schemes to divert you and those you love from your faith in God?
- Begin now to inquire about the next level of Discipleship and how you can get involved.
- Get a copy of the Apostles Creed—Memorize it, meditate upon it, and prepare yourself to defend each statement with Scripture and testimony.
- Memorize Romans 8:28-29
- Then personalize them by inserting your name or the proper pronoun in the verse.
I invite you back tomorrow for DAY TWENTY-NINE of “REDISCOVERING YOUR FIRST LOVE!”