Inspiration—Backsliding Scripture Reading—Luke 22:31-32
Peter was a backslider—but he came back to the Lord and was one of the leaders of the early church. He preached the first sermon in Acts 2:42-47, wrote two books of the Bible and God used him to encourage Mark to continue in the faith.
- How did Jesus describe what Satan wanted to do with Peter?
- What was going to be tested?
- Did Jesus already know the outcome?
- What was to be the outcome?
- Read Matthew 26:69-75:
- What was the test of Peters faith?
- What was his immediate response?
- After Peter remembered what Jesus said, what did he do? (vs 75)
- Have you considered that your time of temptation was actually a test of your faith in the Lord, as well as your love for the Lord?
- Read James 1:1-14
- Have you felt sorrow for your sin?
- Thank God for the “experience” in your life and for the opportunity He has given you to trust Him, and to reveal your true love for Him.
- Begin formulating some convictions about your faith and some standards for your life that you WILL NOT COMPROMISE.
I invite you back tomorrow for DAY TWENTY of “REDISCOVERING YOUR FIRST LOVE!”