How do I become a Member?
Becoming a member of the Heritage Family.
In order to maintain the unity of our faith, baptism after conversion is required for church membership in Heritage Baptist Church. While we will accept the baptisms of other churches of like faith and practice, we think it is important for every believer to understand the eternal significance of this ordinance.
There are many benefits to becoming a part of the Heritage Family, including:
- Growing closer to God. (Matthew 22:37-39; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
Inside a community of like-minded believers, you are encouraged to worship, pray, and learn.
- Being known and loved. (Genesis 1:27)
No matter your story, you will be respected and embraced as someone made in the image of God.
- Receiving support when you need it. (Galatians 6:2)
All of us experience difficult times. Having a pastor, small group and church family there to encourage and pray for you is invaluable.
- Discovering your spiritual gifts. (1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
Each of us was created uniquely by God with talents and abilities that can help others. We’ll help you discover, develop and deploy your spiritual gifts.
- Building lasting friendships. (Philippians 2:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25)
Our church is a family united by our shared love for Jesus. This commonality creates a bond that serves as a foundation for relationship building.
- Being equipped. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
We teach the truth of the Bible as the primary source for spiritual growth and daily living. This truth gives us the confidence to understand and live out Godly values.
- Being a blessing to others. (Philippians 2:3-8)
We all want to make a difference. Belonging to a community opens our eyes to the needs around us and allows us to work together to make an impact for Christ.