Friday, December 25
The Lighting of the fifth candle: The Christ Candle (white)—John 1:26
Our waiting is over – Christmas Day is here. As we relight the three purple candles, and the pink candle, we now celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior and Lord.
- The first purple candle was the Prophecy candle; the candle of hope.
- The second purple candle was the Bethlehem candle: the candle of peace.
- The third candle, which is pink, was the Shepherds candle, the candle of joy.
- The fourth candle, the last purple one, was the Angel candle, the candle of love.
- Today we light the fifth candle, the white one, which is the candle of Christ. Jesus Christ, the light of the world has come into our hearts and we rejoice in knowing our sins are forgiven and we are assured of heaven.
As we light the center candle, may we joyously celebrate the good news of Christ’s birth, as well as the joy that filled our hearts, when He was “born again” in us.
- Read Micah 5:1-5
- Read Luke 2:1-20
- Read Psalm 145
We light this candle with great joy and celebration, because Christ is born in Bethlehem. God’s Son has come into the world to be our Savior! And He will come again in glory.
Prayer of Joy and Adoration
Dear God, as we light this candle, we rejoice in the birth of you Son. May we worship Him, welcome Him and make room for Him in our hearts. O come, let us adore Him! Amen!