– is our Family Inheritance. This is how we view the content and our possession of the Christian faith: Once-for-all established and generationally entrusted.
– is our Family Resemblance. We share the marks and features of those faithful gone before and those remaining. The expression of our faith distinguishes us in this way.
– Is our Family Name. We are Christ’s people. We are called out, assembled, and gathered in the name of Christ to the glory of God, Worshipping in spirit and in truth.
Heritage Baptist Church is a God-focused, Christ-centered, biblical-based church that is uniquely equipped to use today’s technology to reach our neighbors and to the nations with the uncompromising preaching and teaching of the Word of God. In that regard, we are committed to the doctrinal convictions listed in our Statement of Faith, including:
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – those who are saved unto the resurrection of life or lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
In addition to the verbal proclamation of the sermons which are recorded and distributed through every major form of media, the study-guides for the sermons are also translated into nine additional languages and posted for all to read, copy, and distribute as the Lord leads. International pastors are very thankful for these materials, as they provide a resource for their people that in not available. As of this writing, Heritage has received personal response from viewers in 125 countries.
Heritage Baptist Church is an independent and autonomous church that operates on congregational form of church government. While Heritage partners with the Georgia Baptist Convention in its ministry to Homes for Senior Adults, we are free to determine our own affairs without any oversight or influence of any higher human or denominational authority. Heritage is pastor-led, member-to-member-served, and congregational approved. The fiduciary affairs of the church are overseen by congregationally elected and approved treasurers and trustees.